Now Hiring: Fleet & Facilities Manager
Founded in 2011, Cabrio Taxi is the premier pedicab company in San Francisco. We offer the boldest, most stylish pedicabs, which are driven by the most professional drivers anywhere. As our company continues to grow, we hope to continue to be a positive force in shaping our community. See our story. Meet our pedicabber wranglers and pedicabbers.
The Fleet & Facilities Manager is a keystone of Cabrio Taxi’s business. Our 30+ sparkly red pedicabs, and the shop they inhabit, are the foundation of our business. As lead fleet mechanic, whoever inhabits this role will become a favorite of our professional pedicab operators. The role will also work directly with the General Manager as an occasional project coordinator over small fleet projects.
The Fleet & Facilities Manager also works closely with the General Manager in a number of respects, including minor assistance coordinating events with corporate sponsors, resource management, and general assistance to keep things flowing smoothly both in the shop and on the streets. This position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, organized, and a fast learner.
- Major and minor repairs to the mechanical components of the pedicabs
- Extensive and regular preventive maintenance year-round.
- Cosmetic repairs to the cab bodies, frames, and upholstery
- Maintaining inventory and keeping the shop space organized and tidy
- Experienced with all major aspects of bicycle repair / maintenance.
- This includes wheel building / repair.
- Extensive training for pedicab-specific systems will be provided.
- Able to manage a diverse range of ongoing tasks at once, keeping notes to ensure thorough and timely completion of all tasks.
- Capable of clear and concise communication with drivers to diagnose and correct reported issues, and to provide feedback when necessary.
- An independent worker capable of self-organization and prioritization.
- Able to safely use handheld power tools such as power drill, angle grinder, and sawzall. Familiar with the proper use of PPE for various situations.
- Able to spend much of the work day standing, with occasional bending, kneeling, and squatting. Must be able to climb ladders.
- Able to lift 50 lb objects occasionally, and 70 lb objects infrequently with assistance.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: mig / flux core welding, hydraulic brake systems, fiberglass repair, prepping & painting metal, light carpentry.
- Pay based on experience. ($15/hr during training.)
- Generally 24 hrs / week.
- Opportunities to build requisite skill sets through internal and external training.
- Occasional opportunities to operate a pedicab for pay